FOR BETTER BALANCED BEEF
The programme aims to create a greater demand and awareness for Angus genetics throughout New Zealand.
AngusPure, the official beef brand of Angus New Zealand, is securing the future of high premiums for producers.
One of the reasons for the popularity of the brand in the market is the quality assurance behind the product. The brand adheres to the New Zealand Beef & Lamb Quality Mark Standard.
Tracing includes AngusPure Source and Trace ear tags. These black ‘A’ tags ensure a line of traceability and are a recognised endorsement of quality beef, free of antibiotics and growth promotants. The tag also guarantees access to the higher premiums at approved processors. Cattle with AngusPure Source and Trace tags are becoming highly sought after throughout the supply chain.
Only heifers or steers provide the AngusPure goodness and they’re all strictly grass-fed and finished, processed at an approved plant. With that, you can also be sure of low PH and ageing for a minimum of 21 days.
Angus Pure is a branded beef programme owned 49 percent by the New Zealand Angus Association, the remaining 51 percent is privately owned. The programme aims to create a greater demand and awareness for Angus genetics throughout New Zealand and obtain premiums for the commercial beef farmer and pedigree bull breeders.