FOR BETTER BALANCED BEEF
DNA testing is available through PBB. PBB is the
New Zealand distributor
Click the image below to find out more information on the available genomic tests for Angus cattle.
Ordering DNA Tests
1. Fill out the DNA ordering form once you have taken your DNA samples. Please note that Neogen prefer wet TSU samples and that they will charge slightly more for Hair samples.
2. Email your order form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mail your TSU or Hair samples to the PBB offices, 75 South Street, Feilding 4702.
4. The team will double check all the submitted info before we start shipping the samples to AU (PBB has an export permit in place for all breeds). Some charges may apply if we need to make changes to the submitted information.
5. Once we ship the samples to AU, you will get a notification from us. From this point we expect the turnaround time to be around 7 weeks.
6. Once the tests are completed, PBB will be in contact with you. PBB will have complete oversight of the order status so you will be able to ring PBB at any time to get a status update.
Please ensure your form is completed electronically Complete the spreadsheet form electronically (save a copy of the form to your computer and type in the details), print a hard copy to mail with your samples and email the electronic copy to email@example.com This improves the efficiency and accuracy when processing orders, as the order details can be imported direct into the Neogen ordering system from the emailed form. For large orders where animals are already registered with your Society, please contact the DNA team as we can assist you with extracting animal details to speed up the order form process! Fees may apply if the correct form/data is not supplied to PBB.
The suffix displayed at the end of each animal’s name indicates the DNA parentage verification that has been conducted by Angus New Zealand. The suffixes, and respective definitions are:
|PV||Both parents have been verified by DNA|
|SV||The sire has been verified by DNA|
|DV||The Dam has been verified by DNA|
|#||DNA verification has not been conducted|
|E||DNA verification has identified the sire/or Dam may possibly be incorrect,|
but this cannot be confirmed