2-year-old bull buying for the commercial beef breeder.
Tuesday 17th April
10:00am - 3:00pm
Wairere Angus - Cedric Lander, 36 Wairere Road, Ohangai, Hawera.
What the workshop will cover
Targeted at the commercial bull buyer, this workshop is designed to help you make good decisions about yearling bull buying so you can add value to your farming system.
BBQ lunch provided.
Arrive 9.30am for 10am start.
This workshop is delivered in collaboration with Beef + Lamb Genetics and Angus New Zealand.
Key steps covered
- Setting a breeding objective.
- Choosing a bull breeder that matches that objective.
- Using genetic information to assess sale bulls.
- Using physical information to assess sale bulls.
- Settling your new purchase in and ensuring he is annually evaluated for breeding soundness.
Please call Erica Kinder (B+LNZ) on 06 370 2979 or email: Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org